From July 2018, Jamdoli (in Jaipur) has begun offering 3-day courses, 1-day and residential Anapana courses for children. 10-day courses have been scheduled from September onwards. The place has been offered by an old female meditator with facilities currently for about 25 meditators. The facilities include a Dhamma Hall for 50, 8 Meditator Residences, twin AT Residences, Kitchen and Dining Hall, Office, Common Facilities and a lush green campus. The site is about 3kms from the Jaipur Vipassana Centre.
Jaaton kaa Baas, Via Jain Deraur Dadabari
Jaisinghpura Khor, Jamdoli
For postal correspondence, pls write to:
Dhamma Thali Vipassana Meditation Centre
PO Box 208 Jaipur 302001.
Landline: 91-141-2177446, 9610401401
How to reach the Jamdoli Course site
1. You could reach Dhamma Thali and then they would help you reach the Jamdoli Gypsy course site from here.
How to Reach Dhamma Thali, Jaipur Vipassana Centre:
Travel via Transport Nagar, Sisodiya Rani Baug (on Jaipur-Agra Road), Ghat Ke Balaji and reach the Centre. Via this route, the Centre is ½ a km before the Galta Temple.
Many auto-rickshaws make the mistake of taking the passenger to Galta Gate (rather than come to the Centre which lies before the Galta Temple). Please note that Galta Gate and Galta Temple are in opposite directions. To avoid this mistake, kindly be sure to emphasize ‘via-Sisodiya Rani Baug’ when traveling by auto.
- Those coming from or via Delhi or Agra may get down at Transport Nagar Chauraha (Transport Nagar Square) and then reach the Centre by auto rickshaw. This may cost about Rs. 80-100.
- Those coming from the Jaipur Railway Station can take a prepaid auto rickshaw or prepaid taxi (from the Prepaid Auto-rickshaw / Taxi Booth outside Platform No. 1, within the Railway Station Premises) to reach the Centre. A prepaid auto rickshaw will cost Rs.132/- (these rates are as of May 31, 2014, Rs. 5/- extra per piece of luggage). A prepaid taxi will cost Rs. 455/- (extra for luggage). Night charges (from 11pm to 5am are extra at 25%). If you opt for an auto rickshaw or taxi on a bargaining basis, it may cost Rs.175-225.
- Those coming from the Sindhi Camp Main Bus Stand can take an auto rickshaw to reach the Centre. This may cost approx. Rs. 175-225/- (on a bargaining basis).
- Those coming from the Jaipur Airport can take an auto rickshaw and reach the Centre. This may cost approx. Rs. 250-300/-. A taxi / cab may cost Rs. 500.
- You can also take Bus#5 from the Railway Station up to Transport Nagar Chauraha and then come to the Centre by auto rickshaw (about Rs. 80-100).
- You can take Bus#15 from the Sindhi Camp Bus Main Stand up to Transport Nagar Chauraha and then come to the Centre by auto rickshaw (about Rs. 80-100).
2. By using Google Map
Google location – https://goo.gl/maps/VeqYc8Df6ZR2
3. By your own vehicle
Travel via Transport Nagar, Sisodiya Rani Baug (on Jaipur-Agra Road) . Just before Ghat Ke Balaji , at a crossing, pls take the right road (the left upper road goes to the Jaipur Vipassana Centre and further Galta ji) and travel about 2.5kms kms past Keshav Vidyapeeth. At the Keshav Vidyapeeth Jamdoli Crossing, take the left towards Jain Deraur Dadabari (300mtrs). Go past it; about 500 mtrs further down, pls take the right to get onto on a rugged track alongside a signboard. Keep going straight down the winding road, about a km, at the end of which you’ll reach the Course site. In case of any difficulty, pls call ( Jamdoli Centre mobile no. 9828305708 or Dhamma Thali numbers ).
4. By Auto-Rickshaw / Taxi
a)Those coming from the Jaipur Railway Station or Sindhi Camp Main Bus Stand can take an auto rickshaw ( on a bargaining basis ); it may cost Rs.250. A taxi / cab may cost Rs. 500 .
b) Those coming from the Jaipur Airport can take an auto rickshaw and reach the Centre. This may cost approx. Rs. 300/-. A taxi / cab may cost Rs. 500 – 600.
Applying for a course
|Attend / Serve||Course Type||Dates|
|Apply||3-day||Aug 16-19 (female)|
|Apply||3-day||Sept 6-9 (female)|
|Apply||3-day||Sept 13-16 (male)|
|Apply||3-day||Sept 20-23 (female)|
|Apply||10-day||Sept 28 – Oct 9 (female)|
|Apply||3-day||Oct 11-14 (male)|
|Apply||10-day||Oct 15-26 (male)|
|Apply||3-day||Nov 1-4 (male)|
|Apply||3-day||Nov 15-18 (female)|
|Apply||3-day||Nov 22-25 (male)|
|Apply||3-day||Dec 6-9 (female)|
|Apply||3-day||Dec 13-16 (male)|
|Apply||7-day||Dec 22 – 30 (girls teenager)|
If anybody wishes to organize 1-day or residential Anapana courses for any school / educational institution / group of children, they are requested to kindly get in touch with Ms. Asha Laungani on 8875331999 or Mrs. Nidhi on 9828305708