How to Reach Dhamma Aranya, Chaksu (Jaipur)?
The site is about 40kms from the Jaipur.
Next to RMC Factory
Tehsil Kot Khawada
District Jaipur (Rajasthan), India
Resident Dhamma Server 7240462384
1. You could reach Dhamma Thali and then they would help you reach the Jamdoli Gypsy course site from here.
How to Reach Dhamma Thali, Jaipur Vipassana Centre:
Travel via Transport Nagar, Sisodiya Rani Baug (on Jaipur-Agra Road), Ghat Ke Balaji and reach the Centre. Via this route, the Centre is ½ a km before the Galta Temple.
Many auto-rickshaws make the mistake of taking the passenger to Galta Gate (rather than come to the Centre which lies before the Galta Temple). Please note that Galta Gate and Galta Temple are in opposite directions. To avoid this mistake, kindly be sure to emphasize ‘via-Sisodiya Rani Baug’ when traveling by auto.
- Those coming from or via Delhi or Agra may get down at Transport Nagar Chauraha (Transport Nagar Square) and then reach the Centre by auto rickshaw. This may cost about Rs. 80-100.
- Those coming from the Jaipur Railway Station can take a prepaid auto rickshaw or prepaid taxi (from the Prepaid Auto-rickshaw / Taxi Booth outside Platform No. 1, within the Railway Station Premises) to reach the Centre. A prepaid auto rickshaw will cost Rs.132/- (these rates are as of May 31, 2014, Rs. 5/- extra per piece of luggage). A prepaid taxi will cost Rs. 455/- (extra for luggage). Night charges (from 11pm to 5am are extra at 25%). If you opt for an auto rickshaw or taxi on a bargaining basis, it may cost Rs.175-225.
- Those coming from the Sindhi Camp Main Bus Stand can take an auto rickshaw to reach the Centre. This may cost approx. Rs. 175-225/- (on a bargaining basis).
- Those coming from the Jaipur Airport can take an auto rickshaw and reach the Centre. This may cost approx. Rs. 250-300/-. A taxi / cab may cost Rs. 500.
- You can also take Bus#5 from the Railway Station up to Transport Nagar Chauraha and then come to the Centre by auto rickshaw (about Rs. 80-100).
- You can take Bus#15 from the Sindhi Camp Bus Main Stand up to Transport Nagar Chauraha and then come to the Centre by auto rickshaw (about Rs. 80-100).
3. By your own vehicle
Get onto Tonk Road (in Jaipur) and head towards Tonk / Kota till the toll station near Shivdaspura.
Approximately 12 kms after the toll station, turn left for Kotkhavada. This turn is sign posted. Approximately 5 kms on Kotkhavada road (past RMC Switch Gears factory on the right), turn right towards Badodia Village. Here a ‘Vipassana’ sign is posted. Approximately 1 km down this road, another ‘Vipassana’ sign points to the right which leads straight to the Centre.
Google ‘Vipassana Aranya’ and follow signs.
Google location – https://goo.gl/qPhCHV
Ola and Uber charge approx. Rs.1,300/- for a straight drop (2019 prices)
Call taxi driver Sitaram ji at +91-9828313025. 4-seater car. Charges approx. Rs.1,500/- (2020 prices)
5. By Bus
After reaching Jaipur, take a bus for Chaksu from Ajmeri Gate (or any of the intermediate bus stops). Upon reaching Chaksu (about one hour later), take local taxis (jeeps) towards Kot Khavada, and get off at Badodia Village turn (you will see a Vipassana signboard here. This is just after the RMC factory). Dhamma Aranya is a Km (approx.) walk from here.
In case of any difficulty, pls call the resident Dhamma Server on 7240462384 or City Dhamma Server on 9610401401.